Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kiss For Kids Radio-Thon Blog

6:02pm Done for the day but you can donate all night long right here on the website! We will be back at 6am tomorrow morning with more stories to inspire you! Have a great night!

5:44pm My friend Denise just said, "Mary all we worry about with our kids is getting them to baseball on time and with their mitts, cleats and hat. These people just worry that their kids will never play baseball!" She made me cry. I will stop worrying so much!

5:39pm Almost all of our volunteers are on the phone taking pledges...makes my heart leap! How great is that???

5:25pm Talking to a Kiss FM listener, Amanda, about her son who has been going to Children's for a few years...she is so sweet!

5:15pm We are in the middle of a power hour so your money is doubled until 6pm. What ever you donate gets doubled thanks to The Onieda Nation! Call now...it is a good time....877-738-5437.

5:00pm A woman called and said her 6mo old son is having open heart surgery and all the stories we are telling her are helping her! WHAT? WOW! She said she now has so much more confidence and knows they will make it through! That is incredible! She said with out Children's her son would be

4:50pm I got a great message from a woman on Facebook and here it is:

Mary,after almost bawling on my way home i decided to drop you a quick note about how childrens hospital has touched the lives of the members of my family. My niece was diagnosed with a very rare form of pediatric cancer. By the time of diagnosis (at childrens) her cancer had spread to her brain stem and to her liver.. the prognosis was not good.. at all... after many rounds of chemo therapy, radiation therapy, the removal of her eye, and a complete liver transplant I am happy to say she is a BEAUTIFUL, HEALTHY blonde hair blue eyed 11 year old who aspires to be an olympic gymnast some day... without the doctors at Childrens hospital, both Neenah and Milwaukee... who would know what would have happened to her! God Bless them!

4:40pm Just found out WAPL is giving away a Chainsaw from a show they had here in town recently..Jackyl...the auction is up to $500...go for it!

4:00pm Talked to Tammy about her little boy Nicolas (who is only one year old) and his brain is too big for his head! So the doctors did brain surgery on him...WOW! I love what she said...I hug my kids twice every night and I kiss them three times!

3:45pm Everyone that donated before 4pm also gave a Build A Bear to a kid at Children's Hosptial! So fun!

3:30pm Kids in the 70's just died of leukemia, today 80 to 90% of kids with leukemia live healthy happy lives thanks to Children's Hospital!

3:00pm Back in the studio from 3 to 6pm. Just got the best call from a woman whose 24 year old boyfriend had a brain tumor removed when he was 12 from Children's! He is so healthy and has such a great life! WOW!


9:00am Handing off to Dayton for a few hours to inspire you to give money! Doug and I will be back 3 to 6pm this afternoon!

8:35am A woman calls and says she asked for Donations to Children's for her son's first b-day instead of presents! LOVE IT! She bought gas cards for families to get back and forth to see their kids! How neat is that?

8:28am Doug says becoming a Miracle Club Member is just Good Karma Insurance! Sign me up for that! Call and donate and get your Karma Insurance (and your money is doubled this hour by Onieda Nation!) 877-738-5437! Call NOW!

8:05 am A message from Facebook makes my day, here it is: "Mary I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you guys are doing for the radiothon. Children's Hospital has been our home away from home for 2.5 years. This will be our 3rd year doing the radiothon. I will be answering phones on Friday and my daughter Kylee's story has been played the last 2 years on the radio. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK for everything."

7:42am What was the last deal you made with God? God just get me through this...was it to keep your baby girl alive? Or was it something super trivial? Wow. Radio-thon puts it all in perspective for me every year!

7:30am Posting stories of Children's Hospital kids on Facebook! Become a friend on Facebook and share our Radio-thon link so all your friends can donate money to Children's too! (BTW My facebook is under Mary Love)

7:17am A girl just called our show saying she was on a bus with a TON of other kids going to Six Flags for the day and all the stories are making her feel guilty about having a good time! We told her NO WAY! Just go have fun and to be inspired by these kids...we told her to live in the moment and NO complaints!

6:44am I just cried so hard hearing the mom tell the story of her Little League Ball Player with a tumor! Little guy had bad headaches...ends up with a tumor. I just can't imagine being in the waiting room while one of my kids has a tumor removed. I just don't think I could manage that!


6:15am We played the coolest piece of audio from the very first Kiss for Kids Radio-thon!


6:00am We kicked off the 10th annual Kiss For Kids Radio-thon

No comments:

Post a Comment