Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Beware...I am venting here.

I guess I fired a few people up today talking about The Biggest Loser. I said that I felt everyone should or could run or walk a mile. I did not say it to make anyone mad but to say...hey a mile off the road there is some pretty cool stuff. If you can walk a mile you can get pretty far into an apple orchard, you can hike at the new Nature Y in Appleton, you can go explore the Reforestation Camp in Green Bay. There is so much to see and do in this life that has nothing to do with a couch, a car, or a sedentary life. It makes me sad to watch The Biggest Loser and hear people say things like I have not run a mile in 25 years, or my daughter got so sick because she didn't want to eat in fear of looking like me (her own mother!) It crushes me. If you want to be mad at me for wishing for people to get outside and enjoy a bit of the world...I think I will just let you be mad.

I never vent in my blogs but it has really made me feel better...so thanks!

Mary Love
email me if you want to talk more about this... dougandmary@wcinet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment