Sunday, May 31, 2009

My first 100 Miler on the Bike...

I had a blast riding my first 100 miler on the bike yesterday! I went with a bunch of great friends to Madison to ride on the Ironman course and the Olympic Course. The Olympics are coming to Chicago and the bike course is in WI!!! It is near Bluemounds which is a HUGE LONG hill! We made it to the top and coming back down some of those hills was the craziest thing I have EVER DONE! I think my top speed was 44 mph!! The wild flowers were everywhere....you tend to miss those in the car! I am so lucky to have met some of the most amazing people who are showing me the ropes! I really could NOT have done this ride with out them!! I would have been on the side of the road in the fetal position a few times! My coach, Jim Boldra, who is training me for the Half Ironman at High Cliff (and begging me in his ever so subtle way to do the full Ironman) is amazing and made sure I was ready for this crazy ride! If you ever have the chance to try something that is new, kind of scary, and really outside your life give it a try...you might really surprise yourself! I have surprised myself beyond my wildest imagination...and you know what...it feels really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment