Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Boobs...

My grandmother had breast cancer. She was in her 80's when she was diagnosed and she received some pretty awful treatments to try and eradicate it! So I decided that I would take it upon myself to be proactive about my boobs (for a lack of a better way to put it!) Affinity (St. Elizabeth's) has a walk in clinic on Wednesdays. You can literally walk in and get a mammogram. It is simple, it is fast and it did not hurt at all! They even called me the next morning to tell me the results...NORMAL! That is good news for SURE!

The best part of this is since I am so young they will have a base line for my future breast health! Since I do have a history of breast cancer in my family, it is going to be something I take very seriously! It was so simple, I will make sure I get a mammogram at St. Elizabeth's every year. Make sure you tell your friends, sisters and moms to get a mammogram every year!!

Mary Love

No comments:

Post a Comment