Friday, September 25, 2009

The Fox Cities Marathon

Doug was pumping the tunes for the half marathon and the marathon on Sunday. He was a mile from the finish! The kids and I stood at the corner and cheered and cheered till we lost our voices! How AMAZING to see people working so hard, pushing themselves further than they thought they could ever push! The human spirit is so much stronger than we give it credit!

I saw Kristen and Kathy from the Biggest Loser and they looked so great! Kathy had her eye on that finish line and Kristen was grinning from ear to ear! There was a mom from Emma's school doing her first half marathon and she said she has never been more tired or proud of herself....how great is that!? There was a few people in the marathon that I know did Ironman in Madison the weekend before. There were a few people racing to keep their streak alive with 19 Fox Cities in a row! From the youngest little girls and boys to the oldest men and women I was so impressed!

I really love that my kids enjoy watching and running in races because I think it shows them that the world is filled with possibilities beyond what you can imagine. Running a marathon teaches dedication, commitment, and independence. I believe in celebrating every day how lucky we are to be healthy (healthier than we give our selves credit!)

Great job everyone who did the races this past weekend. You did a great job! You taught me life is fuller than I think! Can't wait to watch next year!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment