Thursday, September 17, 2009

So I signed up to do Ironman Wi next year!

Peoples first reaction to hearing that I signed up to do Ironman next year is, "Are you freaking crazy?" I really don't think I am crazy at all but maybe I need to catch people up to speed. Seven years ago I weight 249 pounds. Seriously, I weight that much and it really sucked! I totally let me self go and I could give you a million excuse why and how I did it...but I wont! I started losing weight by exercising and eating great food....plain and simple! There was no magic pill, and no secret just hard work and a lot of re-focusing for a long time! Two years ago I started amping up my workouts and really thought about what is next. I had no idea what was next but I thought I would open myself up to do some new things. I tried a spin class and I really liked it. I met some friends who encouraged me to try biking out doors, to swim more, and to run with them. I was (and still am) way out of my league with these people but I really enjoy my time working out and making new friends.

Last year I felt like if I continued working out as hard as I was I could maybe try and do a couple of Half Ironman's here in WI. So I busted my butt for a year learning everything I could and working out as hard as I could. I did the High Cliff Half Ironman and I thought I really got myself in over my head! I had a tough day and thought that is enough of that...but I had already signed up and PAID for the Door County Half Ironman...so DARN I had to do that too! I did it and you know what, it was incredible! I learned from my mistakes, I re-focused and I had a total blast!

So this year I figured, why not kick it up a notch!? Why not do something tough, why not push myself? That is what I have been doing for two years! I have put myself in so many new situations that seriously scared me, and situations I wanted to back down from...but I made it out of everyone of those moments a better stronger and more confident person.

I don't have some crazy goal for Ironman except to enjoy myself and to prove to myself that I am worth a little time each day doing something exciting.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment