Friday, October 22, 2010

Two runs in one week...

I actually got Doug to run with me twice this week! SO COOL! I have taken him up to High Cliff both times and of course he thinks I am a rock star because I know where I am going. I have run there so many times I know the place like the back of my hand. I did have to trick him a bit yesterday because he was so stuck on only running for 30 min and that was making me crazy! I like to run until I feel like stopping...and he wanted a concrete number of when it was going to end!!! So since I had a watch and he did not I had to fib a bit! We were about 28 min in and he said ok this is getting kind of long and I said oh we still have about ten min left to get to the car! OMG! He just rolled his eyes. So I got him to run 43 min instead. He did great and could have so ran longer! I told him he had to work on letting go of the numbers and just enjoy the experience...of course he thinks I am nuts!

I could run in the woods with no watch, and no plan and just enjoy myself so much! Meet up with a friend and talk talk talk...it is one of my favorite things in the world to do. Right now High Cliff is AMAZING! The leaves are covering the trails, and it is just spectacular. I can't get enough of it.

I am trying to convince Doug he could run for an hour now that he ran for 43 min. Wish me luck with THAT!

Mary~

No comments:

Post a Comment