Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Final Road to Ironman...

Ironman Wi is on Sept 11th this year. They will be marking the 10th anniversary of not only the day the world stood still in total fear and disbelief...but also the 10th year they have done IM in WI.

I think it sort of changes the way I think about doing the race. I think in such a big event you can easily get caught up in a lot of superficial things that really don't matter. $2,000 race wheels, wet suit or no wet suit, these $120 shoes or those $150 shoes, who has what and who has what NOT....blah blah blah! This year I am going to try remember what it is all about for me: FREEDOM. Freedom to live a life I have chosen for myself. The pure freedom of my body working toward a huge goal. The honor of having a husband and a family that allow me to have something of my own. To have my own hobby that means something to me is so important. The freedom to stand up to what ever obstacles come my way...because if you do an IM you know in your heart you can handle just about ANYTHING!

So, I am ready to go and enjoy the weekend with a ton of my friends and my family. I am ready to go celebrate living in a free country, and to honor the day we will all never forget...Sept 11th.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment