Monday, February 27, 2012

Birkie 2012


I had the best Birkie race EVER! It was a beautiful day and the snow was so much fun!! I was so happy from the first K to the last 50K!!! 32 miles through the woods on skinny skis...that is my idea of the best time EVER! The hills were a bit tricky just because the snow was soooo soft but I took it easy and paced myself out just right! It was the very first Birkie where I did not stop on any of the hills to gasp for breath! I made it up and over the top of every hill! The down hills were FAST!!!!! I did NOT snow plow! I LOVED that...it has taken a lot of hard work and TONS of coaching to not snow plow all the time down those screaming fast hills! (Thanks to Jim Boldra for all his AMAZING patients teaching me this sport!!!)



I was so happy to have Emma there all weekend to take in Birkie Fever! She really had fun! We got to ski together, dance together, and meet TONS of people from all over the world!!!



Most of my friends are ready to hang up their skis the day after the Birkie but I will ski as long as there is snow! I love it. I could ski every day of my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment