Thursday, February 2, 2012

Email from one of our Biggest Losers....

Thank you Laura for sharing this and you are SOOO not alone in these thoughts!

Here is her email:

Hello Doug and Mary,
Today not so good, mentally. I'm back to school this week. Today is my first day of full nursing classes for the semester. Yesterday, there was too much rough play on the play ground while my daughter was waiting for the bus and a kid broke her front adult tooth (approximately 3/4 of it).

She had to go to the dentist this morning and I was not able to be there for her because of my commitment to classes. To top off all the stress of the Nursing Semester starting up and my 7 year olds broken tooth, I'm PMSing.

All I want to do is get my Starbucks and a big Chocolate cake, get on my pj's, and sit in front of the tv and watch the bachelor while pigging out.

I never really realized how awkward that thought really is. Hmmm...I'm stressed so lets eat? Really? Instead of organizing better, holding my daughter, and taking some calming relaxing measures or midol? How does one get to the point of being so addicted to food.

I always justified it by saying " at least I'm not doing drugs or trying to drink my emotions away". But I am teaching my kids awful life lessons and I'm slowly killing myself.

So, instead, I pushed through. I got to school, had a good cry, and continued with my day and I'm doing much better now.

Talk to you again soon,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment